A SOLUTION FOR OUR FUTURE
Roboy 3.0 Impressions
WHAT WE BUILT 3.0 FOR: unprecedented times
Never have we lived in a more fascinating time. Every now and then, astonished by our advances as humanity, we catch ourselves on a thought “What a time to be alive!”. At the same time, however, we’re facing global societal challenges, from a pandemic, over an aging society, to an increasingly fast heating planet. The urgency is here, but luckily also the technology – it’s thus time to apply it:
This is the beginning of a journey, where we use telepresence with Roboy 3.0 and the Teleportal, enabled by AI, robotics & 5G, to impact our daily lives – for the better of all mankind.
TECHNOLOGY IN 3.0
A completely new humanoid robot. More than an evolution from its predecessor, Roboy 3.0 redefines what it means to be a robot body. Such that once you enter it, you truly feel present – no matter the distance.
- Completely musculoskeletal – the robot has muscles and tendons like humans do!
- Friendly dynamic face – loved by millions for obvious reasons, simply friendly & cute
- Custom developed muscle units – provide 300N of force, so the robot moves fluidly
- Real-time control – bus-system with FPGA on motor boards & main control unit allow for complex control at hyper speed
- Pybullet simulation model – to train the robot before breaking it
- GPT-3 based dialog manager
The teleportation system:
Roboy Teleportal and more
A robot is only half the teleportation system, it also requires an intuitive operator control system: the Teleportal. We are building different systems at different fidelities, such that depending on the application – you can choose how to become a robot.
- Upper body movement tracking – the operators position is tracked and mirrored by the robot for a truly immersive feeling.
- Low latency immersive binocular vision – It’s more than just seeing, we transmit stereo images at low latency – it’s as if its your eyes.
- Bidirectional audio sync – talk and hear through the robot, as if you’re actually there.
- Augmented perception in real-time – why limit to human senses, when the robot can perceive more? Infrared, sound as vision and magnetic fields.
3.0’s First Adventures
Roboy 3.0 had to wait 8 long month from birth to unveiling to finally do what Roboys love most: meeting new humans!
No wonder he used the last few months of 2020 to the max and traveled as much as the times allowed.