Tune in for Roboy updates in our Telegram channel @roboysays (announcements only)
Want to join Roboy? Check the slides and the Youtube Recording of the Information event.
For those who missed the first Round of Interviews, we will do another one in August and one before the Semester starts. Simply apply below, and we’ll be in touch! We’re very much looking forward to new team members! If you have questions, you can also always write to gro.y1566629965obor@1566629965nioj1566629965!
Missed the Intro? Don’t worry, we got it recorded:
What if you could help shape the world around a humanoid Robot? And a very special one indeed – because it’s imitating the human musculoskeletal system, this robot is even harder to work with. But it is also immensely rewarding and likely you will never grow as much as you will during Roboy Student Team.
Your investment? All of your time, your skill, your passion and your love. In return you might become part of the most unique robot team in the world – if you’re selected.
At Roboy you can do
- Lab Course
- Theses (BSc, MSc, Semester)
- Forschungs/Ingenieurs Praxis (as EE student)
At Roboy you not only build and control robots but also make them intelligent and so much more. We do full stack robotics, so here’s the menu:
– Cognition – Apply artificial intelligence to make the robot interactive
– Control – Use state of the art algorithms to tame the robot’s mechanical complexity and solve the issues around locomotion, grasping, path planning, full body motion control
– Simulation – Robots break easily, in simulation not so much – use it to learn control paradigms before applying them to the hardware.
– Sensory Processing – computer vision, computer audition, speech to text, text to speech, pose estimation, sensory skin and sensor fusion
– Electrical Engineering – build the electronics of the robot, from power train to low-level control, from sensors to actuation control – and of course the embedded programming to make it work.
– Mechanical Engineering – lightweight design, 3D printing, generative design, ergonomic design, biologically inspired actuation and skeleton – build the basis for the exoskeleton and prosthetics of the future.
– Industrial Design – Make the robot look amazing, and the users fall in love with it.
– Computational Neuroscience – Interface with the human body, implement biologically plausible algorithms on neuromorphic hardware, transferring algorithms from the human body to the robot.
– Games – Use Roboy as an actor and build games around him – for children or grown ups!
– Augmented and Virtual Reality – Build interfaces to remote control the robot, applications with or for Roboy.
– UX – A robot needs to be controlled and it needs to be intuitive – build the interface to create Roboy the Avatar
– Auxiliary – Roboy is a big team and it needs the tools to be managed – from automated deployment, continuous integration to our fully digital inventory – we strive to become more efficient, so there is more time for awesome technology.
– Skills – Combine all of the above and make Roboy do things: shake hands, serve ice cream, become a cook and much more.
* At Roboy we have a single guiding credo: “Stop talking. Start doing.”
We strive to win the Avatar XPRIZE and there is no time to loose! So we are looking for the most badass nerds, motivated to trade their waking life for an adventure of their lifetime. Convince us, why you should be among the selected few we invest our time, experience and ample hard- and software budgets in, to help us make our avater dream come possible? Show us!
Send us what you think expresses best who you are and what you can do. It can be a short video (<90 sec), an essay, a portfolio, a pitchdeck, a piece of code, a github profile, projects you’ve done so far, or your winning recipe for the perfect team in which you were the master chef. Go on, upload it somewhere and post the link in the “The Link!” field.