Get your own robot
something completely unique
Musculoskeletal robot platforms
a full scale humanoid robot research platform
The goal of Roboy Vision project is to provide Roboy with extensive vision capabilities. This means to recognize, localize and classify objects in the environment as well as to provide data for localization to be processed by other modules.
To say and what to say, that is the question! A 3-layer approach to smart answers with rules, memory and neural-networks.
Myo Muscle Kit
Musc is the only open-source modular musculoskeletal robotics toolkit. Musc has all the complex effects – pull only, tendon wrapping, hysteresis – that biological muscles have as well.
Roboy´s tendon driven anthropomorphic hand is closely mimics the human hand. The hand is perfect for signs: pointing, waving, fist-bump – or even mimicking Captain Spock.
Skin is the largest organ of the human body. So far, Roboy had to live without it – but not much longer. Our silicone skin allows it to sense pressure while at the same time protecting the electronics.
VR & AR
RoboyVR is a virtual reality experience in which the user can watch, but also interact with Roboy while he performs specific tasks.
Features of Roboy’s Vision System
- DLIB: Facial landmarks and face recognition
- Joint Face Detection and Alignment using Multi-task Cascaded Convolutional Networks
- Unified, Real-Time Object Detection
- FaceNet: A Unified Embedding for Face Recognition and Clustering
Features of Roboy’s Dialog Platform
- Open Logic for research and studying
- Customizable Dialog Flow by requirements
- Based on Deep learning generative neural networks
- Teach Roboy to talk
- Create your own chat bot
Features of the MYO Muscle Kit
- Maxon brushless DC motors
- Customizable motor boards
- Complete system to build your muscle units
- Program your muscle units
Why you need to have MUSC
a robotics toolkit that fits its user needs
Areas of Application
what to use musc for?
Musc shows comparable behaviour to biological musculoskeletal systems: use it to simulate the effects of a change in muscle attachment or muscle strength – e.g. after a stroke.
Musc has all the complex effects – pull only, tendon wrapping, hysteresis – that biological muscles have as well. They are therefore ideally suited for a bio-plausible control pipeline in locomotor research.
The bioinspired mechatronics are ideally suited as a basis to build prosthetics and exoskeletons based on this technology.
Features of Roboy’s skin
- 2D wave guide skin
- Measuring pressure and position
- Applicable to many surfaces
Features of VR & AR
- Use the Roboy Environment, Model
- Control strategy and create your own userinteraction
- Develop the logic on top
- Program games for learning