ABOUT THE ROBOY STUDENT TEAM
Founded in March 2015, the Roboy Student Team is an interdisciplinary student society from the Technische Universität München. Comprised of engineers, managers, and artists we are makers and creatives with a hands-on mentality. We have come together with the aim of designing and building a new version of Roboy every year.
Our vision is to continue building humanoid robots increasingly better until they become as good as a human body.
This mission of the student team is to connect diverse students from varying disciplines, provide opportunities to gain real-world experience, and push scientific and academic boundaries by designing and building a new humanoid robot each year.
BENEFITS FOR STUDENTS:
- Apply your theoretical knowledge in a hands-on project
- Join an interdisciplinary and international team of students
- Learn from supervising PhDs, experts, workshops and invited speakers
- Get access to the new MakerSpace workshop at UnternehmerTUM
- Get the chance to travel with Roboy to fairs, conferences and international representative events
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
- You are passionate about something
- You have an interest in robotics
- You are a good team player, leader or want to become bothYou bring a set of skills to the team
- You are excited to learn new things
- You are a student at a University (or similar) in Munich
- Or you are a PhD student, post-doc, professor who wants to support the students in achieving this vision
If this is you, then we invite you to join our team of enthusiastic, smart creatives and contribute towards our vision. You can be active in building and programming the robot, fundraising, marketing, creating great media (theatre, videos, paintings …), teaching, or inspiring us with your crazy ideas!
WHAT CAN ROBOY DO FOR YOU?
- A REAL-LIFE IMPLEMENTATION OF YOUR TECHNOLOGY
There could be possible prosthesis applications of Roboy‘s parts in the medical industry. Roboy’s 3D printed parts need to be lightweight enough to allow movement such as walking, but also sturdy enough to support the weight of his body.
Roboy’s hand is only one piece (i.e. no assembly required). This is an example of the toolless production of a lightweight and high-tech product that cannot be made in a different way.
- CREATE USERS
By partnering with us, you are creating users of your technologies. Team members will already have experience and hands-on knowledge of your products.
- COMMERCIAL PURPOSES
Our partners can use our collaboration to promote their products, processes and technology to the general public and potential clients. Results of our project can be used for your own purposes, such as presenting Roboy as an example of an implementation of your technology.
- VOLUNTARY ENGAGEMENT
All of our students give their time voluntarily. To balance their participation in conjunction with their other time demands, they must be highly motivated, ambitious, resourceful, and good time-managers. As a partner of the Roboy Team you have the opportunity to actively support these students in gaining unique practical experience – thus making them more valuable as your potential future employees.
Our partners can take advantage of the opportunity to have our qualified students experiment with their products and possibly bring them to the next level. Our specialized students can pre-test software/hardware for new products. Students can give early user feedback on products and technology.
- YOUR UNIVERSITY CONNECTION
We are directly supported by TUM Faculties, and collaborate with different chairs. We plan Hackathons where students can build or design with company‘s products . Through our extensive network, and elite connections we can promote these events to elite students from TUM, LMU, and the University of Applied Science.
For any questions regarding the student team, please contact gro.y1487833566obor@1487833566maet1487833566